Blackheads are pores that become clogged with gunk meaning sebum (oil), dirt, and dead skin cells. When all of this gunk is exposed to air, it oxidizes and turns black - becoming rough and hard like cement. Salicylic acid and glycolic acid products are able to penetrate deep inside the pores and remove them effectively! Dr. Azi’s patients love ClariFY pads with glycolic acid and 2% salicylic to treat this type of acne and improve skin texture. They come as a set of 60 pads and are convenient to travel with and use. Not to mention, it serves as both a cleansing wipe and toner in one.
Dr. Azi’s Blackheads Face Masks Recommendations:
Dr. Azi tip: It’s best to use a product daily to treat and prevent blackheads. She recommends using masks 1-3x a week.
- DETOX MASK - Detoxifying mask with Kaolin Clay and Charcoal powder to draw out oil, dead skin buildup, and impurities trapped in pores for a clear complexion. What’s unique is the clinical strength sulfur to calms redness and inflammation and treat breakouts from acne and rosacea.
- GlamGlow Exfoliating Mask & Scrub - Face mask that doubles as a scrub to help clear acne and blackheads. Formulated with salicylic acid to dissolve the debris packed in blackheads.
- Rare Earth Deep Pore Minimizing Cleansing Clay Mask - Kaolin Clay to draw out dirt and toxins that clog pores. Aloe Vera soothes and hydrates the skin.
- Caudalie Purifying Mask - Enriched with white clay and grape-seed oil, this mask absorbs impurities, reduces the appearance of pores.
- Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial - A potent mask with 25-percent alpha hydroxy acid to quickly exfoliate off dead skin cells, dissolve buildup in pores and black heads, and improve skin texture. Formulated with ingredients such as matcha and milk thistle to help with calming redness. A good weekly option.