New Year’s Resolutions: We all have at least one. Whether it’s going to the gym, eating healthier, or kicking an old habit, it’s sometimes easy to fall off the wagon. If your resolution is to achieve healthy, glowing skin in 2023, I have some great, easy-to-follow tips to turn this resolution into a healthy habit. You’ve got this!
For more tips this New Year, check out my Youtube Channel for weekly videos and podcasts for all of your skincare needs.
What Is The #1 Commitment To Make To Your Skin This New Year?
Be consistent. Skincare is a form of self-care. A lifelong healthy habit that delivers long-term results similar to healthy eating, exercising, and having regular checkups. Remember, healthy glowing skin doesn’t come overnight. It takes consistency and time to see positive changes.
Dr. Azi’s Top New Year Resolutions
- Remove your makeup every night. Our skin renewal peaks overnight and stimulates new collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid. It’s essential to go to bed with clean hydrated skin to support this essential cellular process. Leaving makeup, dirt, and sunscreen on the skin from the day can interfere with this important age-defying process. Furthermore, makeup can start building up in our pores causing them to get clogged and stretch out with time. It’s best to double cleanse if you wear makeup or use a creamy cleanser to work the day’s wear off your skin. If you get home late, leave a backup makeup remover with cotton pads on your nightstand!
- In with the new, out with the old. Skincare or makeup products don’t last forever so now’s a good time to check the labels on your products for the expiration date and toss out old products. It’s best to go through your inventory every 6 months and make sure you are not using expired skincare that may harm your skin. You can write the date you open each item directly on the product with a permanent marker to keep track of your usage and any expiring products.
- Lastly, learn your skin type. It’s an easy, important resolution for this year. Whether you have dry, sensitive, oily, or combination skin, knowing can save you time and money when looking for the right skincare products.
- Apply SPF Daily: Be sure you apply a daily moisturizer with SPF 30 or higher. Rain or shine, this is the most important part of your skincare routine. Make it part of your routine by using a tinted SPF moisturizer like Hydratint BB Cream as a makeup primer.
- Exfoliate weekly: Exfoliation helps remove the build-up of dead skin cells, brighten the complexion, and enhance cellular renewal revealing fresh radiant skin. It also allows other skincare products to penetrate better and makeup to go on smoother.
- Hydrate: Apply a moisturizer after cleansing or exfoliating. Hydrated skin is happy skin Moisturizers are so important for supporting and strengthening the skin barrier. `
- Vitamin C In The Mornings: Vitamin C is a great preventative product to use in your morning routine. It offers many benefits such as protecting against sun damage and free radicals while promoting collagen production, brightening the skin, and even reducing signs of aging.
- Double Cleansing: This is exactly what it sounds like. Not only does it help remove excess dirt and makeup from the skin, but it can also help target different skin concerns. I suggest using Micellar water or an oil-based makeup remover balm as your first cleanser followed by Purify as your second cleanser. I love to educate my followers on how to properly do this, so if you want to go the extra mile for your skin, watch my Youtube video on this topic.
Dr. Azi’s Recommended Products:
Clarify Pads: 2% Salicylic Acid with Glycolic Acid exfoliating pads. Used to target clogged pores, uneven texture, dark spots, fine lines, acne, and breakouts
Restore Moisturizer: A restorative cream with Niacinamide, Green Tea Polyphenols, and Caffeine, that provides deep hydration with age-defying benefits to nourish dry skin back to healthy glowing skin.
Hydratint BB Cream: Mineral based tinted SPF44 that hydrates & protects the skin against damaging UV rays while providing coverage with a universal sheer tint. Great to add to your New Year glow!
Purify Cleanser: Antioxidant calming cleanser with green-tea polyphenols to gently remove makeup and prevent buildup in pores, resulting in healthier, brighter skin. Part of double cleanse: apply to dry skin and work off makeup and debris/dirt.
IllumiC with Ferulic Acid: Vitamin C serum used to firm, hydrate, brighten the skin. Powerful antioxidants protect and repair the skin from UV and environmental damage.