There is a lot of debate about collagen and which products or services help to produce more.
We’ve all heard how great collagen is to plump the skin and keep it looking youthful. How exactly does collagen do this and how is collagen produced?
What Makes Collagen?
To understand which products are effective for collagen production, we’ll go over how it is developed. Your body makes collagen from the nutrients you absorb, such as Vitamin C, Copper, and Zinc. Although these can be found in food, as your body ages, it struggles to ingest nutrients and process them into collagen.
How Does Collagen Help Your Skin?
Collagen plays a large role in helping your skin heal from wounds. It helps stimulate new tissue growth, making new skin creates this youthful appearance. Since your skin is full of all the nutrients it needs, it also appears plump and firm.
Which Products/Treatments Really Work?
Now that we understand why and how collagen is produced for our skin, let’s cover what products will and won’t help boost collagen production.
- Supplements: Supplements can help give your body the nutrients however it doesn't go directly to your skin. It’s also been noted that if you’re already eating a healthy diet, these won’t help create any more collagen than your body is already currently creating.
- Products: Products high in nutrients the skin needs such as Vitamin C, copper, and zinc are all great to give your body the ingredients it needs.
- SkinTYTE directly gives your skin the ingredients that it needs, such as copper, to create collagen.
- SPF like Clear Defense SPF 45, contains Zinc which protects your collagen from harmful sun damage, to maintain that youthful, firm skin.
- Necklift is comprised of polypeptides which work to speed up cellular turnover, forcing the production of collagen for new skin.
- Treatments: Treatments such as micro-needling, laser treatments, and peels insight a healing response that stimulates collagen, leaving it fresh and plump.
Next time you’re looking for a collagen boost, be sure to read the ingredient list. Beware of products claiming to create collagen. Keep this article as your helpful guide to collagen production!