Your 20's is a time when many people start thinking about anti-aging and skincare more. You may be asking yourself what skincare do I need? Are skincare routines worth it? Are skincare products a waste of money? Well, we have the answers for you! Here are 10 skincare mistakes you're probably making in your 20's:
1. Doing too much Botox: Getting Botox in your 20's can be preventative, but too much of it can make you look older because of the loss of muscle integrity.
2. Tanning: We all love the sun, but too much time spent outside can have negative effects on the skin. Prolonged sun exposure causes dark spots, hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, and more. So apply SPF and don't forget to put it on the neck and chest as well!
3. Going to bed with makeup on: I think everyone has made this mistake once or twice... but don't let it become a habit! This will clog your pores and lead to breakouts.
4. Using makeup wipes: These wipes are filled with chemicals which over time can damage the skin. Always remove your makeup with a gentle cleanser like the PuriFY Cleanser.
5. Picking at your skin: Although this can be tempting, it is so important not to pick at your skin. If you see a pimple pop up, use the Zit Roller on it instead!
6. Tech neck: Calling all millennials! Looking down at your computer or your phone for extended periods of time causes a slouch in the back. This isn't great for anti-aging. Get a laptop stand or try to hold your phone higher to prevent this. Our NeckLift is also very effective for wrinkles/fine lines on the neck!
7. Bad habits like smoking, drinking, and vaping: This should be a given, but it can be easy to form bad habits, we understand. Work on limiting your drinking and completely quitting any type of smoking. These all have terrible longtime effects on the skin.
8. Skipping a trip to the Dermatologist: You are not your Dermatologist! You should definitely be seen to determine the right treatments for your skin type.
9. Not learning about your skin type: Knowing your skin type is essential for picking the right products and an effective preventative skincare routine.
10. Too much filler: Getting too much filler in your 20's can cause filler fatigue or pillow face. Make sure you always go to an expert injector and space out your visits.
To learn more and get the details about topics mentioned in this blog, watch Dr. Shirazi's YouTube video below!